Fourth Grade Students Put on Disney Program

Fourth Grade students deliver lines in Disney program.
PHOTO PROVIDED BY
HEATHER LUMLEY

Fourth Grade students deliver lines in Disney program. PHOTO PROVIDED BY HEATHER LUMLEY

Brystol Bates

On December 1st, 2016 in the Fair Grove Upper Elementary Gym the Fair Grove fourth Grade students put on their Disney Delights program. The show included 11 favorite Disney songs and every fourth grade student had a special part, whether it was a speaking part, a dancing part, a special tone chime part, or a solo.
The Fair Grove fourth Graders put a lot of preparation into the show, they even had a dancer, Mike Bolin, come in and help choreograph the entrance to the song Be Our Guest (Beauty and The Beast). Heather Lumley, Fair Grove Elementary music teacher, was very proud of how the program went. “The fourth graders did an outstanding job! This group gets along and really encourages each other. They pulled it off by working as a team,” stated Lumley.
The kids were also encouraged to dress up as Disney characters and even some of the teachers joined in. “We had everything from Dalmatians to Belle to Siamese Cats, and even a special solo from Timon, Simba, and Pumba that had the audience rolling in the floor. Two more students sang a duet from Aladdin that was absolutely breath-taking,” said Mrs. Lumley.
Sonni Martinson, elementary teacher, said, “The fourth graders enjoyed this performance! You could feel their excitement as they were arriving the night of the performance.”
The students’ favorite song was Everything Is Awesome from The Lego Movie, but the program also included songs like Bare Necessities (The Jungle Book), When You Wish Upon a Star (Pinocchio), and The Lion Sleeps Tonight (The Lion King). The show ended with the song It’s a Small World and the audience was encouraged to join in.