New Coaches Working Hard

Leah Wahlquist

Lindsay Martin coaches Middle School volleyball.

Mersadie Risner, Ad Sales Asst.

To start off the new 2015-16 school year, Fair Grove welcomed a handful of coaches to our staff, two to the high school and three to the middle school.

Before coming to Fair Grove, Randi Roepke taught for one year at Sparta and student taught at Fair Grove. He is now coaching junior high football and junior high basketball. “When I student taught at FG I really enjoyed the atmosphere at the school. FG has great administration, staff and students and I wanted to be part of it.” Coach Roepke replied when asked why he decided to come to Fair Grove. He enjoys watching more football than he probably should and spending time with his wife, who is a high school English teacher at Glendale, and his daughter, Evelyn, who is three months old.

Patricia Schnakenberg has been teaching at Fair Grove for the past five years, but this will be her first year assistant-coaching boys’ and girls’ soccer. She played tennis throughout her high school career which helped her pay for college at Southern Baptist University in Bolivar.

Lindsay Martin is a seventh and eighth grade science teacher, and is having a blast coaching junior high volleyball and high school track. She went to College of the Ozarks for her undergrad and then went to Drury to work on her masters. She loves being with her family and friends and doing anything outside.

Nastasha Hamlet was the K-4 p.e. coach at Pleasant Hope before coming to Fair Grove. She is now teaching a mixture of high school and junior high PE/Health and is also volunteering with the high school volleyball team and coaching junior high girls’ track this spring.

Ryan Buffington is coaching high school football and junior high boys’ track. He is teaching elementary p.e. and high school weights. Before coming to Fair Grove he went to Missouri Southern college and taught in Fayetteville, Missouri for 3 years where he was also a baseball and football coach. His hidden talents are being able to put together a Rubix Cube within five minutes, and he can sing. His wife Kelli is a graphic designer and he has a daughter, Camdyn, who will soon be 19 months old.