Eagles Football Ends Eight Win Season

By Kyle Cavanaugh, Video Editor

Although Fair Grove football ended their season with a 52-0 loss to Liberty, they had one of their best years they have had in a long time. They went to the district championship game for the first time since 2011 and they also had their first winning season since 2011.

Travis Beach, a senior on the football team, said that he felt the reason that they did so well this year was because they had some newcomers step up and this year along with leaders that lead both on and off the field. “I will miss the family astmostere that I got to play in every week and I will also miss all of my teammates,” Beach stated.

The team might have lost 13 seniors, but they still have a lot of people that will be coming back next year. Dalton Cloyed, a junior this year, scored 22 touchdowns this year. Cloyd says the team will come back strong on the offensive side for the Eagles next year. They will also have a couple good linemen coming back next year, including Daniel Terry and Hayden Wingo, both juniors this year.

Nate Mallard, a senior this year, said that this season was the most fun season that he had in 10 years of playing football, “The coaches did everything in their power to make it the most fun year for us.” His favorite parts of this season were beating strafford for the first time, getting to the district championship game and just having a successful season overall.

Keaton Zarechi, a senior, says that an 8-4 season is the best record that they have had throughout his high school career and he is looking forward to seeing how much the Eagles can improve next year as well. He thinks they will continue to thrive under Coach Voorhis. “I would like to see them get another shot at playing in another district championship game.”