Fair Grove High School Assistant Coaches

Fair Grove Newspaper Staff

Assistant Coaches Mr. Roepke, Mr. Talbert, and Mr. Holt.

Jacob Bethurem

Assistant coaches at Fair Grove high school are the backbone of our athletic programs, so without them our successful programs would collapse. The assistant coaches lose lots of free time to benefit the athletes of our school. They are very strong willed and determined to make the programs as successful as possible. As a result, last year was a great sports year for Fair Grove High School, and Fair Grove is hopeful to have another great year.

(Mrs.) coach Roepke and coach Brannock spend six hours a week coaching volleyball practice. Which takes a chunk out of their free time, but they love every second of it. Roepke has coached volleyball for six now. “This is my sixth year coaching volleyball (a mixture of club, middle school, and high school.)”, said Roepke. Roepke loves volleyball, because she thinks it’s the ultimate team sport. Roepke also added, “Two really good players can’t win you a game. All the girls must depend on each other, and I think that is special.”

High school football coaches Faubion, Buffington, Holt, and Talbert work with head coach Voorhis to prepare the players each and every week to come out on top with a win. They all have a team first attitude and put themselves last. Coach Holt, the linebackers coach, absolutely loves coaching and watching the young boys mold into men. “My favorite part about coaching is watching the players develop into young men”, said Holt. Holt began coaching at Fair Grove, because he was called by buffington, and said there was a job opening. He took the offer because he didn’t like his job at the prison. He has loved it ever since.

Schnakenberg assists head coach Florez in coaching soccer. She coaches the fundamentals of the game and assists in game preparation. Schnakenberg joined the soccer team because head soccer coach Florez needed help, and she was the only one who had a soccer background. She really has helped the team become successful, and everyone is very grateful for her help.

Fair Grove hopes to continue this trend of top notch coaching year in and year out. The care has been phenomenal, and the coaches are role models for the kids outside of athletics.