The Kindergarten Fieth Family Farm Field Trip

Taylee Flick

Fair Grove elementary students pose with their pumpkins.

Taylee Flick

On October 26th, Fair Groves Kindergarten classes took their fall field trip to Fieth Family Farms in Bolivar. From 8 am to 2 pm on this Thursday, the pumpkin patch was accompanied by the innocent mischief of all 76 students having a blast! The kids brought a sack lunch and they all had a picnic at the Farm.

The highlights from this adventure according to Mrs. Shockley and Mrs Garcia, was the tree house bounce play area, the hay bale maze, and Mrs Shockley said that the kids loved the tractor hay ride. “I loved getting lost in the maze,” Ty Morgan, a student in Mrs Lucas’s class said.

Mrs Shockley’s favorite part was,“That the students had a chance to move and play freely with their friends. It’s a great day to see their personalities come out more and spend time with many of their parents.”

Each student got to go and pick out a mini pumpkin from the viney patch to take home with them. Amidst all of the activities, Mrs’s Lucas says they got stuck in the hay bale corn maze for over an hour, and that that was her least favorite part.

The day after, the kids all carve a pumpkin and talk about all the different shapes and sizes of the eyes, mouth, and nose. This year will make it their  third year attending the pumpkin patch in Bolivar, Mo, and it won’t be the last, they will be returning next year for more exciting pumpkin shenanigans, Mrs Garcia added. 

“They offer so many different activities for them to do, and they always enjoy going. We would love to go back next year and enjoy a day outside having fun on the farm!”  Mrs. Heather commented.