Kings and Queens of the Court

Courtwarming Queen, Senior Shannon Collins, receives a congratulatory kiss from her Senior escort Josh Thompson.

Natalie Anglen

Saturday, February 16th, marked the annual Courtwarming coronation and varsity boys basketball game against Strafford at Fair Grove High School. With a few cheers, several baskets, and one glorious crown, the night turned out to be a complete success.

The varsity boys basketball team played a very exciting and triumphant game, winning against Fair Grove’s biggest rival. Though the team has worked very hard to reach this achievement over this amazing season, 9th Grade Basketball coach Brendan Carroll also believes they had a slightly higher motivation. He said, “They usually play hard on Courtwarming night. It usually gets them fired up.”

With the positive pressure of the team’s peers and parents, there is no wonder they played such an impressive game. Kyle Stacey, a Senior varsity player, stated, “… I couldn’t do what I did without the help of my teammates. They played a big part in helping us win.”

Kyle, along with his teammates, worked their very best during this mind boggling game. Kyle proving that success really is all about teamwork.

During halftime, the Courtwarming Coronation announced all the class princesses and the overall Queen of the 2019 Courtwarming. Brielle Helmer (Freshman), Ashley Lassley (Sophomore), Kaylee Gerling (Junior), Cydney Fullerton (Senior), and Olivia Prince (Senior) were deemed the Fair Grove princesses, while Senior Shannon Collins was awarded Courtwarming Queen. According to Shannon, this moment came as a shock, but for her friends and family, there was no doubt she deserved it. Though Shannon ended up winning the crown, every single girl nominated on the court is obviously loved and appreciated by the Students of Fair Grove High. These girls and their internal beauty represent the heart of all of Fair Grove.

Although another Courtwarming Coronation and basketball game have come and gone, the annual Courtwarming dance has been recently rescheduled to Friday, March 1st. Students are invited to come and enjoy a night on the “red carpet” at the dance themed, “A Star is Born.” Inevitably, calling for a fun end to an amazing season.