Middle School STUCO Host A Night for Fright

November 10, 2022

Inside the Haunted Hallway on 10/27. (Photo taken by Mattilee Wilson)

Fright night came to scare the Fair Grove Middle School Thursday, October 27, from 3:45 to 6:00pm.

The middle school threw a Halloween party after school. In the previous years it had been called The Haunted Harvest. Middle school STUCO (student council) is responsible for setting up the night. Students could get a wristband for $12, This money goes to helping the student council pay for the expenses of Fright Night. The wristbands include some pizza and sodas, along with a giant inflatable obstacle course and a spooky movie. There was also professional laser tag,  of course the classic haunted hallway, the candy walk, and still so much more. 

The candy walk is a game where there are numbers from one to six in a circle on the floor. While some music is playing the students walk on the numbers. When the music stops all the students get on a number, then whoever is running the game will pull one of the numbers from a bucket and whoever is on that number gets a prize.

“Fright Night is a Middle School tradition and is beloved by our students,” exclaimed Lindsay Martin (middle school science teacher and the student council sponsor). “We do this to have fun,” conveyed Logan Wilson (7th grade STUCO member). Megan Bible (6th) has expressed how she loves the array of games the student council typically have set up. Seifer Hubbard (8th) said he preferred the bouncy castles and likes being able to interact with his friends after school.

Students were encouraged to wear their Halloween costumes to the event. McMains explained, “I think it is more fun to dress up, but students don’t have to. If they were to dress up I would wear something you can move in.” The only restrictions are that the students’ costumes have to be school appropriate, so nothing such as blood and gore, or weapons. Wilson is expecting close to over 300 kids to come, so there will be so many different costumes to see. Hubbard is wanting to go as a demon and Bible excitedly announced, “I’m going as an elf!” 

The student council has said that they put a lot of work into Fright Night and they hope everyone had fun celebrating Halloween with their friends.