Project Graduation

April 6, 2021

Photo of the Fair Grove 2016 graduation ceremony.

Similar to many schools, Fair Grove seniors spend one last night together after graduation, which is called Project Grad. 

Project Grad is a parent sponsored initiative that was put in place many years ago to provide seniors with a safe environment after graduation. 

Every project grad will look a little different depending on what is provided at the event, but the concept stays the same. Chris Stallings, Fair Grove High School’s principal said, “A typical project grad will have a venue similar to a YMCA or college campus that is rented out for the night.” 

Many things are provided at the event, Mr. Stallings went on to say, “Over the course of the night, parents will set up food, games, activities and occasionally things like a hypnotist.” 

Project Grad is a memory that most seniors don’t forget. Fair Grove High School senior, Sam Sublett, said, “I’m looking forward to spending one last time with all my classmates. I’m excited to do all the different things that are provided and I’m really looking forward to the food.” 

Although it’s a night to look forward to, many are sad about it. It’s the last night that the seniors get to spend together and it can be emotional for some. Sam Sublett also went on to say, “Although I’ve been looking forward to the night for a while now, it’ll be kind of upsetting at the same time. I’ve spent most of my middle school and high school experience with these people, and it’s the last night I will get to see all of them in one gathering. I’m going to enjoy the night as much as I can, but I think I’ll be a little upset after it.” 

It’ll be a good night for most of the Fair Grove High School seniors, as they get to spend one more time with their class.