Art Club Readies Their Brushes

October 26, 2021

Fair Grove High School Art Club painting pumpkins during the first meeting of the year.

Fair Grove Art Club is starting meetings for the 2021-2022 school year. They will meet once every month during 8th hour and after school in Mrs. Brown’s room. 

Art Club is a club that is offered every year at Fair Grove High School that allows students to create projects and let their creativity flow. It is ran by the high school art teacher, Stephanie Brown, who has many ideas planned for students who attend the club meetings. 

Art club had their first meeting on Friday, October 22. During the meeting they painted pumpkins and enjoyed fall themed snacks. For future meetings, Brown already has ideas for projects. “This year we’re planning a movie night, tie dyeing, and jewelry making. We plan on making Christmas ornaments and other fun crafts,” explained Brown.

Not only are many projects planned for art club this year, but Brown is also planning to take the students on the road. “This year we’re aiming for a field trip since last year that didn’t happen,” explained Brown. The field trip is planned to take place in a local Springfield art museum towards the end of the school year.

In past years, the high school art club has taken on a number of different projects. “Sometimes we do community type projects as well,” Brown stated. “Art Club has painted a mural in Time Traveler’s Cafe and did the Monroe Coffee logo. We make jewelry and tie dye and we’ve even painted faces at football games.” 

Art Club is open to anyone who is interested in doing artistic projects. Students don’t need to have taken art classes or have any past experience with art. High school students need to talk to Brown if they are considering joining the 8th hour meetings. 

Bailey Carll (10), is a student who already plans on going to all the art club meetings. “I was actually the first to sign up for the first major art club project,” mentioned Carll. 

Other students who are excited about art club meetings are returning seniors. “My seniors are always the most excited about the Art Club. I think it’s because it’s their last year to hang out in the art room and spend time together creating,” adds Brown.

Future Art Club meetings will be held on November 4th, December 9th, February 3rd, March 3rd, and April 7th.