Middle School Fellowship of Christian Athletes

November 4, 2021

Fellowship of Christian Athletes meeting at 7:37am, November 3rd, led by Ms. Martin

Lindsay Martin and Randie Roepke are hosting this year’s Fellowship of Christian Athletes on Thursday mornings from 7:20 to 7:45 in Martin’s room for 7th and 8th graders. 

The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is a middle-school club that has a strong focus on student relationships with God. “Coach Martin and I both try and emphasize that no matter how hard it is to live for Jesus in today’s day age, it is worth it,” Roepke clarified.

“Maybe they are struggling and they need guidance, Fellowship of Christian Athletes is the perfect thing for them to attend,” offered Audrey Lemon, an 8th grade student who played a big part last year in FCA, according to Roepke. Lemon continued, “I’ve already learned more about God and had so much fun.”

Roepke then went on to elaborate further, “During our meetings we usually play a game as a group, listen to a quick message from one of our speakers (teachers, HS students, former graduates) and respond to that with discussion.”

Middle School Fellowship of Christian Athletes made a big impact even in their first year of being an official middle school club. 2018 was the first year that the Middle School Fellowship of Christian Athletes was offered as a Middle School club, in an article written by Kayla Hodges on February 28, 2018, titled Middle School FCA Reaches Out, Hodges stated, “Middle School FCA, not being even a year old yet, has already started hosting events. On February 15th Middle School FCA hosted a dodge-ball tournament and pizza extravaganza, including free admission to the High School girls’ basketball game against Strafford, Fair Grove’s rival school.” Hosting such a large and successful event was quite the feat for this club in its first year. 

“I want to have a better relationship with God, I get so wrapped up in sports and school that I don’t slow down and actually focus. Our group/program is trying to get more and more people to come and just listen,” explained Lemon, “They don’t have to be a Christian or an athlete, we want them to come to listen and learn.”