A Fang-Tastic Party

November 4, 2021

Classroom+of+young+Fair+Grove+eagles+having+their+Halloween+party.+

Classroom of young Fair Grove eagles having their Halloween party.

The annual Fair Grove Elementary Halloween parade was cancelled this year due to COVID-19 guidelines and regulations after being an annual occurrence for over 25 years. 

The staff and students are extremely disappointed about canceling the parade but teachers this year have lots of different plans on how to replace this much missed activity for the kids. The teachers have some very creative ideas for the children on Friday, October 29, 2021 for their Halloween parties. 

Jessica McKeever, a fourth grade Elementary teacher at Fair Grove School shared, “In years past, students could only wear their costumes during the parade and party. Now, we allow students to wear their costumes all day long. They love that! In addition to our party, we also have Halloween themed games and learning activities all day long.”

On Halloween, the elementary teachers try their hardest to teach lessons like any regular school day, however, the kids being extremely excited is always anticipated. 

Fourth grade Elementary teacher Angla Hollingsworth stated, “Our class is going to use time throughout the day next Friday for a STEM Science project called ‘Brewing the Witches Stew.’ We are also going to watch a Halloween movie, play a few pumpkin/Halloween games, have treats and snacks, and do some Halloween Area/Perimeter math. In the afternoon, students will participate in an Escape Room (I wonder how many students will be able to solve the problems and escape before the time runs out)!!”

Kenzie Hollingsworth an elementary student at Fair Grove said, “My favorite part of the Halloween party is all the candy I get to eat!” 

The students love the Halloween parties so much and so do the teachers!

“My favorite part of the party is witnessing the students’ excitement of the Halloween themed events and seeing all of their costumes,” said Jessica McKeever.  “I love having fun with my students and getting to see them so excited for fun learning and game time,” stated Angla Hollingsworth. 

The students get to listen to spooky music while eating their candy and desserts. A lot of hard work and preparation goes into making this day happen every year. The teachers go out and buy decorations with their own money for their classroom, and they also set everything up on their own time, and most importantly they make sure that everything runs smoothly. 

The Elementary, Middle, and High School students say they love and cherish this day and it is something they hold very close to their hearts.