Fair Grove Flies to New Heights With Active Student, Reese Wells

November 17, 2021

Reese Wells (row two, first on the left) participated in her first high school speech tournament. Photo credit to Speech team Photography Guests.

Freshman student, Reese Wells, is taking being an active Fair Grove student to new heights.

Reese Wells (9), is very active in many extracurricular activities including Cheerleading, Track, Color Guard, Speech and Debate, SADD, Student Council, and FBLA. Each of the various clubs Wells partakes in requires extensive responsibility, as well as time management skills.

Wells stated, “Cheer and Track are enjoyable because they keep me active and help me to push myself as an athlete.“ Wells also explained that activities such as Student Council and FBLA tap into her love for organizing events and setting up for them, while Color Guard is an activity that allows her to branch out and try something she has never attempted before. Although Wells is thoroughly involved in these various activities, she explained that cheerleading is where her heart lies. 

“My favorite thing about being a high school cheerleader is learning new things every time I show up to practice. Whether it be a new dance, cheer, stunt, or anything else, I always seem to enjoy it and get excited about performing it on the field,” Wells stated. Wells has been involved in cheerleading since she moved into Fair Grove during her 6th grade year. 

Wells dedicates a large amount of time to her activities. Cheerleading coach Samantha Padgett explained, “I never have to worry about if Reese has put the work in or if she has learned any new material that has been taught. When presented with a new task, Reese does everything she can to master it, while always looking for constructive criticism.” Padgett went on to explain that Wells’ extreme work ethic led her to be selected as the Freshman representative for the cheerleading team.