Good S(o)up: Mr. Supancic Makes Positive Impact in Sports and the Classroom

December 7, 2021

Mr.+Supancic+cheering+on+cross+country+runners+at+a+home+meet.+

Mr. Supancic cheering on cross country runners at a home meet.

Mr. Supancic, a teacher and coach at Fair Grove Schools, has been working on making an impact on his students for the 3 years he has been at Fair Grove. 

Mr. Supancic teaches 2 middle school classes, a 7th grade Word Processing class, and an 8th grade Desktop Publishing class. In high school his classes are a business management class as well as a website design class. He also teaches Personal Finance, Computer Applications and the Digi-Comm course. 

Devin Carroll (12) spoke about Supancic’s teaching explaining, “He always radiates a positive energy that is contagious to others and it really makes it fun to be around him and be in his class.” Carroll also mentioned that he is with Mr. Supancic quite often, and that it is always a joy. 

Rebekah Irby (10) said that, “My favorite thing about Mr. Supancic’s teaching is that he’s very helpful and will help you better understand things.”  She also stated how Mr. Supancic is understanding, funny, and caring towards all of his students. 

At Plato High School Supancic played basketball and ran cross country, he continued playing basketball at Southwest Baptist University and now coaches 2 sports at Fair Grove. He is also an FBLA sponsor alongside Mrs. Overstreet.  

Supancic, staying with his background in basketball, now coaches the freshman boys basketball team at Fair Grove. Nolen Geitz (9) conveyed, “With his coaching he has a perfect balance between being hard on you but being a great coach and positive influence at the same time.” 

Supancic also coaches cross country, both High School and Middle School. Piper Logan (10), a Cross Country runner explained, “My favorite thing about Mr. Supancic’s coaching is that he truly cares about you as a person and always tries his best to ensure that you are happy, healthy, and well taken care of.” Logan added that Supancic always goes above and beyond when it comes to making sure her and her teammates are always in their best state. 

Supancic was unable to decide which sport is his favorite stating, “I love coaching both cross country and basketball so it is hard to say which one is my ‘favorite.’ Usually what makes them so much fun is the awesome athletes that I get to work with in each season.” 

Outside of school Supancic is very active. He talked about how in his free time he chooses to play video games or, “Disc golfing in any weather.” Supancic revealed that he has played at a variety of the best rated disc golf courses in the United States. 

Supancic spends a lot of time outside with his wife. He explained, “We both enjoy hiking, hunting, and fishing and spend a lot of time exploring new places to eat and visit.” They also volunteer together at middle school church camps each summer. 

Supancic explained why he started teaching, saying that thanks to his teachers, he has become the person he is today. He added that, “In a world that can be increasingly negative and hostile for many students, I wanted to be a bright spot that could encourage and support them in seeking out their goals and dreams and finding out how to find value in their own gifts and abilities. I chose to teach because everyone needs somebody to believe in them, just like I had that same support from many of my own high school teachers.”