Samantha Orr Leading The Way For Students

February 10, 2022

Middle School Math Teacher and Coach Samantha Orr.

Samantha Orr is a Fair Grove Middle School math teacher who attended Fair Grove as a student and is now leaving her own mark on this school. 

Orr has been a teacher for many years and has been part of the Fair Grove community for a lot longer than just her teaching years. 

Not only is she a teacher but also a coach for the middle school softball team. She also helps students by hosting an after school math lab where students can come and get extra help with their homework or study for upcoming tests. 

“Ms. Orr has a great blend of challenging her students to be their absolute best and she mixes that with her sense of humor for an overall fun atmosphere in the classroom,” exclaimed co-worker and Middle School Science teacher Lindsay Martin. Martin and Orr have been working alongside each other for about six years now. 

Martin also explained, “Ms. Orr is an excellent example of a person any kid should look up to. She has a high level of integrity and a heart of gold. We are blessed to have her!” Orr is definitely leading and leaving an impact on Fair Grove Middle School. 

Orr teaches all eighth grade students and has a couple of seventh grade classes as well. Keith Nolan, one of Orr’s middle school students, shared, “She has the ability to be fun and work hard all at the same time. She’s a good leader and she’s an amazing example of Fair Grove Middle School.”

Orr is the leading coach for the Fair Grove Middle School Softball team. “Ms. Orr is a very strategic and competitive person, so I view her as an excellent coach who knows how to motivate her athletes,” Martin stated.

Orr not only teaches and coaches at Fair Grove Schools but she also attended here as a student herself. One of her past teachers, Michelle Wahlquist committed, “Many students looked up to her as evidenced in her election as the Student Council president. She led in many clubs as well.”

Wahlquist also shared, “It doesn’t surprise me that she went into teaching. She is organized, caring and can explain difficult concepts well.” Nolan also committed on her teaching ability. He explained, “whenever I am struggling because of the curriculum she is an amazing help.”