Senioritis Affecting 2022 Seniors

April 7, 2022

Calculus class full of Seniors (photo taken by Delaney Scott).

Seniors with “senioritis” will sometimes lose motivation in school because of the stress of the ending year. Senioritis is when seniors stop trying hard in school because it’s their last year and they’re ready to graduate.

Senioritis is affecting many seniors at Fair Grove High. With this school year coming to an end, some students are losing motivation for school because of the stress of life after High School. Samantha Armstrong (12), a senior suffering from senioritis, elaborated on when she lost motivation for school. “I realized I was losing motivation a few weeks before December,” she explained. “Recently I have started to lose motivation again.”

Armstrong agrees that senioritis is affecting all types of seniors alike. “From talking to other students about graduation, there are a lot of students who are counting down the days until we’re out of here! I would say that senioritis is a trend!” she explained.

Another senior, Hanné Ghanem (12), is also affected by senioritis this year. “I think closer to 2nd semester is when I did,” Ghanem shared, “I want to try having good grades, which I do, but I stay content with what I have and get, but I try to learn from them.” Ghanem agrees that senioritis is affecting all types of seniors as well and said, “I think it is common among seniors because it’s their last year in high school and they just want to get it over with.”

Ghanem shared, “I think it’s mainly because I’m scared of the future and that’s why, but I also will be missing all of my friends and family. It’s this turmoil of emotions happening in my body. I think a lot of seniors might say the same thing just in a different wording.”