Girls Preseason Soccer Is In Full Swing

March 8, 2022

Girl’s Soccer Team practicing on the field to prepare for the upcoming season.

With a fresh soccer season on the horizon, the girls soccer team at Fair Grove is hard at work preparing for the spring season. 

This year a new girl’s soccer team has come together to take on the upcoming season together. There are repeat seniors, like Zoey Hupman, who have returned to the field ready for the new season; while a new wave of freshmen girls are also there, testing the waters of the spring sport. Jordan Stacey, the assistant coach, said, “We have most of the team returning from last year and we have some eager freshmen that we are excited to add! Coach Miller and I are excited to see how our players can grow and gain more varsity experience during the season.”

This season’s soccer training has begun and the girl’s team is already hard at work. They begin almost as soon as the final school bell rings. They can often be found around the school running laps or building up muscle mass in the weight room. Coach Miller added that, “Goals for this season would be to gain more experience and confidence when we step on the field.”

Paige Robinson (12), one of the returning senior players discussed what training is like, “To prepare for the season we have been doing off-season workouts 4 days a week for about an hour. This includes conditioning and working out.” With the season just starting the players still have a long way to go before reaching their current goals; however there are some tough teams on the horizon, and many of the senior girls want to finish strong. 

With a new season comes new faces and dynamics, and in sports good bonds between players are very important for communication and play on the field. With the knowledge that all sophomore, junior, and senior players are returning to the game, and have already been with each other for a minimum of a year,the freshmen girls might feel left out. With team bonding being an important part of sports, it’s something the soccer girls are diligent to work on. To do this the previous members are doing all they can to include the new freshmen and make a welcoming environment for them.