New Adventures Ahead

May 26, 2022

Fair+Grove+Class+of+2016+graduation+%28Picture+provided+by+Fair+Grove+Newspaper%29+

Fair Grove Class of 2016 graduation (Picture provided by Fair Grove Newspaper)

As the school year ends, the next begins. The 4th graders are moving to middle school and starting their new adventure; the 8th graders are moving to high school to start their new beginning; and the most exciting and life changing part of all is the seniors who are leaving the everyday life at school to start their new adult life. 

The fourth graders had the same thing everyday. They would go to the same teacher with the same class everyday, but now they will go to seven different classes with seven different groups of people everyday. 

Ava Johnson, a 4th grader at Fair Grove Elementary School shared, “I’m very excited to be in the building with all of the bigger kids. I am kinda scared of moving classes all day, but I know my teachers will be helpful and get me to my classes on time.”

The Fair Grove 8th graders are overwhelmed with excitement to finally get out of middle school and start their high school life. After their graduation (promotion) the 8th graders are so ready to move on up to high school. 

Keith Nolan an 8th grader at Fair Grove stated, “When I first moved into middle school I was very nervous to be here and didn’t really want to be here, but now I am so excited to be here, and sad to leave. High school is going to be a new experience, but I am very ready for it. My sister is going to be a senior so I know that I won’t be alone in my new journeys.”

All the seniors have already graduated and have started to think about what they want to do next. 

Torii Dugan shared her input, “I think about what’s next a lot, with Graduation and family asking me it’s hard not to be thinking about it. I like art but I’m not sure what job field I’d like to work in so I’m planning to do general education first to find out what it is I want to do.” 

Paige Robinson added, “I have thought about what’s next in life a lot lately. I’ve been trying to avoid it but it’s coming up very fast. The upcoming freedom is a little scary and I’m still not 100% sure about what I’m going to do after graduation.”

Finally Serenity Davis said, “I have thought about what happens next. I will be heading off to college in August so I will need to pack and gather supplies and advice.” 

There are so many new things that the students get to experience this year with all their friends.