Fair Grove School Welcomes New Administration

September 29, 2022

Mr. Seiger and Mr. Overstreet on the first day of school.

This school year, the Fair Grove High School hired a new athletic director, Damon Seiger, and the role of principal was filled by Christian Overstreet. 

Overstreet has been a part of the Fair Grove High School Administration for eight years now serving as our athletic director. Previous principal, Chris Stallings, moved positions to strictly work in the central office. Overstreet filled his principal role. 

Overstreet explains some things he plans to work on, “The last couple of years has been difficult for everyone due to the pandemic. We have not held a normal year of school, and our teachers, students, and community have missed out on a lot of events and opportunities that are important to our community. My goal is to do the best I can to bring normalcy back into the High School and make this the best year yet, especially for the senior class.”

My first month as the principal has been awesome. I have enjoyed learning the new ins and outs of being a principal. I have also enjoyed getting into teachers’ classrooms and seeing how lucky our district is to have teachers who value relationships and teaching our students,” Overstreet stated. 

With Overstreet having been athletic director and principal now, he explained how those roles are similar, yet different, “Being an athletic director and a principal is very different, but both positions have similarities. In both positions, you manage people, organize events, and work with various stakeholders. The obvious difference between the two positions is the athletic director works specifically with our athletic teams, and while the principal is still involved in some of the decision-making with athletics, it is not their sole responsibility.” 

With Seiger taking over as athletic director, he shares some insight on what he plans to do within our school, and why he chose Fair Grove. “I have always had an interest in Fair Grove Schools and finally the right timing and opportunity presented itself. I want to help students become successful young people that have an appreciation for their school and community.  I plan to help in any way I can to serve our school,” Seiger explains.

Overstreet adds his input on Seiger, “Mr. Seiger is an extremely hard worker and has done an outstanding job as the assistant principal and athletic director. Mr. Seiger is very organized, which is a very important trait to have when scheduling multiple sports in different seasons for both middle school and high school. What I appreciate most about Mr. Seiger is his ability to build positive relationships with our district’s teachers, students, faculty, and staff.”

Seiger ends with the goals he has for the future of Fair Grove High School, “I think it lies within what has already been established. I believe Fair Grove has a really good thing going and hope that I can interject some new ideas and support to ensure we are progressing educationally, yet still being true to who we are as a whole.”