New Year, New Secretary

September 30, 2022

High School secretary Trilby Workman working on her computer.

Fair Grove’s search for a new secretary has been filled by Trilby Workman. With many positions needing to be filled to start the 22’-23’ school year, Mrs. Workman stepped up to the plate for Fair Grove High School.

Many know Mrs. Workman as the new secretary and the new secretary only. However, there are some interesting things to know about her. Trilby gave some insight into her life, “We have four children (three girls and a boy), a dog, some chickens, and rabbits.” She also explained that she loves traveling and has been all over the United States, along with more than 10 other countries. 

Mrs. Workman said she fills her free time with hobbies like cooking, reading, and spending time with her family. Trilby moved here from California 5 years ago and since has gotten very involved in the community.

I was so excited to become a permanent member of our Fair Grove School District. I had the opportunity to sub in our district for four years and I loved working with everyone. It really feels like a family,” said Mrs. Workman. It is no doubt that Mrs. Workman has the qualifications and the skills that are required to exceed her new role as secretary.

Trilby’s student aid this year Anne Peters (12). Anne has been shadowing Mrs. Workman this year, delivering mail, taking phone calls, and observing what it requires to be a school secretary. Anne told us, “I enjoy working with her,” and that, “Mrs. Workman is a good fit for Fair Grove.”

High school counselor Tonya Peck had a few words to say about Mrs. Workman, saying, ”I have been super impressed because she came in and hasn’t missed a beat.” Mrs. Peck explained how Trilby always knew what she was doing and when she would ask if she needed help with anything, Mrs. Workman would already have it figured out. “She’s so with it, the transition was a lot easier than I thought it would be,” Mrs. Peck explained. 

Trilby has been working hard and it has been paying off, gaining the respect and likeness of her coworkers. Mrs. Workman has also been enjoying her new job, she said, “My favorite part of my job is helping our students and staff. It’s great to get to know everyone and help out as much as I can.” 

Trilby believes she has found a home here at Fair Grove, and plans to keep it that way. Mrs. Workman, along with the rest of the administration, has high hopes and expectations for this school year, and are working hard to fulfill them.