Victories in Volleyball

October 5, 2022

Fair Grove Lady Eagles celebrate after scoring a point against Forsyth High School. (Photo taken by Jackson Anderson)

The Fair Grove High School Volleyball team started their season with many wins. The Lady Eagles carry on an eight game win streak contributing to a great start to a successful season.

The team started preparing for this season very early on. Taylor Green stated, “Our team has worked very hard since this summer on our individual weaknesses to minimize them, and we have done a lot of team bonding off the court to help get the connection on the court that is needed in order to play smoothly.”

The Fair Grove Volleyball team continue their season having won their eighth game in a row against Forsyth High School on September 20th. Brooke Daniels (10) gave her secret for the team’s great success this season, “I think our biggest strength this year, that we were missing last year, is our communication on the court. We have really improved that aspect of our game.”

Another aspect about the Lady Eagles that makes them stand out from the competition is the selflessness that the team shows towards each other. Daniels explained, “I truly think there isn’t one player that makes the difference, but the team as whole.” 

Some games that are worth looking forward to are the Strafford game and the future district matches, or in Ashton Bell’s (10) words, “I’m looking forward to our Strafford game at the end of the season, and districts.” These games will be exciting because Strafford High School is the rivalry school to Fair Grove High School and because districts are what makes or breaks the end of the season.

Even though the Lady Eagles are dominating the court with their 17-1-3 record, they still have their few weaknesses. Taylor Green (11) elucidated, “A weakness we have is giving up four, five, or even more points in a row. We only play to 25 so it can put us down and in some instances cause us to lose the game.”

Some outstanding players to look out for this season on the  team are Hannah Maxwell (11) and Kameron Green (12). Bell states, “Kameron Green is a game changer because she is tall and can hit hard and Hannah Maxwell is great because she is a good setter.” Green also said, “I would say that pretty much all of the juniors and our seniors make a huge difference in leading and holding our team accountable. We did not have this in previous years as much as we do now which is very helpful and detrimental to our progress.”

As the Fair Grove High School Volley team continue their season, they strive to prepare for the upcoming districts matches.