New Year, New Teachers

January 18, 2023

Mr. Matt Robertson teaching his Physical Science class. (photo taken by Piper Logan)

In the 2022-2023 school year the Fair Grove School District gained nine new teachers which are spread through all three buildings and multiple departments. 

The Elementary Building has gained one new first grade teacher, Mrs. Kelly Elgin. This is her eighth year teaching, with previously teaching in Nixa at High Pointe Elementary before she accepted her position at Fair Grove Elementary. Elgin attended Mizzou for four years while obtaining her undergraduate degree. From there, she attended Southwest Baptist University to obtain her master’s degree in educational administration.

Elgin has been very fond of Fair Grove since she moved into town. She stated, “Fair Grove is a true family. The community, the staff, the students… It all feels like home. From the start, I have felt so supported and welcomed into the Fair Grove community. In Fair Grove, I feel like I can genuinely focus on what is best for my students, and I have the resources to do so. My family lives in Fair Grove, and I cannot wait until my kids are big enough to begin school. I know they will get the best education by the absolute best teachers!”

The Fair Grove Middle School has gained five new teachers this year; Kezia Price in the art department, Zach Snodgrass leading PE and Health, Joanna Winterberg teaching 5th grade math, and Matt Robertson and Michael Zanzie in the science department. Price, Snodgrass, and Robertson also help out in the high school. 

Mr. Michael Zanzie joined the Fair Grove Middle School this year, teaching fifth grade science. He has been teaching for nine years, with previously teaching at Buffalo Prairie Middle School and Mallory Elementary in Buffalo, Missouri. Zanzie has spent four years teaching physical education, and this is his fifth year in teaching science. Zanzie provided his input on teaching in the Fair Grove School District, “I absolutely love the community and the family-like culture Fair Grove offers.  It is a special place that values each individual person.”

Mr. Matt Robertson also joined the Fair Grove School District this year, teaching middle school 7th grade General Science and 9th grade Physical Science. Before teaching, Robertson worked in construction for over twenty years, and then attended both Ozarks Technical College (OTC) and Missouri State University for two years each. He obtained his Associate’s Degree from OTC and received his Bachelor’s Degree from Missouri State University. Robertson noted, “My favorite part of teaching in Fair Grove is just being able to contribute to the community my wife and I raised our kids in.”

The Fair Grove High School has also gained three new teachers; Betsy Small in the English department, William Reed instructing physical education classes, and Leroy Barker taking over the theater department. 

Mr. William Reed has been teaching for nine years, beginning his teaching career at Scoggins Middle School in Frisco, Texas, where he taught for two years. He then moved to Kickapoo High School in Springfield, Missouri, where he taught for six years, and is currently teaching here in Fair Grove, Missouri. Previous to teaching, William Reed attended Evangel University for four years, and earned his degree in Physical Education with a minor in Mathematics.

Reed instructs a Physical Education class as well as a Weights class for grades 9-12, along with Adapted Physical Education for grades K-12. After being welcomed to the Fair Grove community, Reed states, “I love the friendliness and community that we have at Fair Grove. The administration, staff, and students have made me feel welcomed from day one. It’s easy to come to work everyday with the culture that has been created here at Fair Grove!”