Sundays are for Seniors

March 30, 2023

Kristyn Muncy’s senior photo. (Photo taken by Jiana Hallbrook and provided by Kristyn Muncy)

Every Sunday, seniors from all around have been posting pictures of themselves on social media, calling it “Senior Sunday” to celebrate their senior year of high school, and to celebrate how far they’ve come throughout their years of athletics, academics, and life overall as a high school student. 

Our Fair Grove High School Seniors have been partaking in this trend for a while, including Kris Hunter who explained this special Sunday, The importance of taking a senior picture is to capture the photos of the last of your “childhood” past. People go all out and take pictures with trophies, letterman jackets and items/products they have had throughout the years of being in high school.” 

Hunter continued to talk about his personal senior photo, “I took my first session of senior pictures downtown and my second session in Fair Grove during a snow day because I wanted to do a winter session. I chose these two locations because I liked the landscape downtown and I really wanted to do a winter session because I thought it was a fun idea to do. My experience was an amazing experience.”

Hannah Morris, a fellow senior, explained her process of senior photos. “I had my senior pictures done with Cindy Hill, we went to Fellows Lake by an old barn off 65 highway. I had a great time, she made me feel very comfortable and confident. If you are looking for someone to take your senior photos I highly suggest Cindy!” 

One of Kris Hunter’s senior photos. (Photo taken by Shannon Hill, photo provided by Kris Hunter)

Cooper Zumwalt described his experience being a senior, and how it’s meaningful to document it, “Senior photos are important to take because they commemorate such an important time in your life. You’ve worked twelve years toward the goal of graduating, and I think it is important to take photos to document how far you’ve come!” He continued, “I think it’s a trend because everyone likes to look back at what they looked like as they grow up. Often, we get a little too caught up in life to take good and representative photos of ourselves, and senior photos are a great opportunity to do just that.”

Kristyn Muncy talked about the emotional experience during senior photos, “Taking senior photos is so sentimental and just so bittersweet, I think the importance is to be able to look back 10 years from now and reminisce on the past.”

As the Seniors last year of high school comes to a close, graduation is right around the corner. To remember their high school years with themselves and others, taking a “Senior Sunday” photoshoot can help them accomplish this remembrance, and celebrate the future to come.