Bringing Colleges and Careers to Fair Grove Students

April 4, 2023

The Army National Guard booth on career day, hosted by Sargent Cloud.

The Career Fair is an easy and accessible way for all students to learn more about careers and colleges students are interested in, opening them up to many future opportunities. 

Career Fair Day consists of, “…Over 20 local colleges, businesses, and career fields for students to explore and learn more about,” stated Mrs. Tonya Peck.

The students will go in and out of the gym by grade, talking to tables that they have any interest in. The tables consisted of anything from the Fire Department, Evangel college and Prime Inc.

Students were given a paper as they entered the gym that  had different questions to fill out about information they received from the tables they go to. These papers were returned to Mrs. Peck as students exit the gym and will be entered into a gift card drawing.

The paper had one question for every table that prompted the students to ask a question that will give them information beneficial to their future, questions about what career opportunities are offered at these companies or universities, how students can get involved, scholarship opportunities and more. Tables on the floor have many lanyards, wristbands, and information cards that are available to all students. 

“We want this fair to give our students the knowledge and experience to see what is available to them after high school.  We are hopeful this day will create ideas for students to set goals for themselves and a possible future career,” stated Mrs. Peck. 

This fair is beneficial to students in many ways and will be coming back more often now especially after not being around for Fair Grove students for many years in a row.

Braden Booth (12) explained, “I think the best part of the career fair was getting to see all of the different options I have going out of high school. While I’m pretty sure I know where I’m going, it was nice to see other options and to see my chosen one to reinforce my decision.” 

Even for students that are positive on how they want their future to play out it is still of benefit to them and all other students. No matter if you know exactly where you’re going, or haven’t even given it any thought, the Career Fair can be great for all students in many different ways.

“Even though some students may have viewed it as merely an opportunity to get out of class, many told me it was really worthwhile and helped start thinking about college or the careers they want after graduation. Several of the representatives did a great job of engaging the students,” stated Mrs. Michelle Wahlquist.