“GG” On The Go

April 25, 2023

Garin Geitz receiving his medal after a cross country meet. (photo taken by Sawyer Haskins)

Garin Geitz (12) is coming to the end of his high school career. Even though he hasn’t been a student at Fair Grove for very long, he has left a special impact at Fair Grove. 

Geitz hasn’t been a student at Fair Grove for very long, but it didn’t take long for him to fit in. Geitz commented on changing schools, ”I’ve gone to Fair Grove since sophomore year. I went to Glendale my freshman year. Kindergarten through Middle School I went to Hickory Hills, which is a school that feeds into Glendale.” He also added that he attended the WOLF program in 4th grade, which is through Bass Pro.

Coach Reed, head baseball coach, described his relationship with Geitz, “Garin is my third hour teacher aid, along with a senior on the baseball team. We have spent a lot of time together in class and on the baseball field getting to know one another, and I feel like Garin and I have a strong relationship for only knowing one another this school year.” He continued, “Garin loves asking random ‘get to know you’ type of questions that have sparked a lot of great discussions.”

Reed also added, “Garin does a great job in the weight room completing each workout and going above and beyond what is asked of him. As a teacher aid, he has a great relationship with the adapted PE students that we work with. They enjoy having him in the class!” 

Geitz is involved in multiple activities and seems to strive in all of them. “I ran cross country and am currently playing baseball, I’m involved in NHS and SADD,” Geitz said.

Coach Reed also spoke on how Geitz is very involved, ”It’s awesome to see a student like Garin be involved in so many activities. It’s impressive. He ran cross country and is heavily involved with baseball, all while being a teacher aid and A+ mentor.” 

Geitz shared his favorite high school memory, “My favorite memory from high school is the entirety of last baseball season, we made it to the state quarterfinal, but the success wasn’t the only great part about. The relationships we built were like no other.”

Finally, he shared his thoughts on his future. “I’m most excited to compete alongside some of my best friends and see how far we can make it into the postseason for baseball.”

View Comments(1)

• G

Gary ThurmanMay 5, 2023 at 5:57 pm

I’m very proud of GARIN and the young man he has become. GARIN always had that inquisitive trait about things and people.Love you G!!

Reply
1