Junior Varsity Football Ends Season with Win

Freshmen+Matt+Emert+makes+a+tackle+on+a+Marionville+player.+

Haley Stallings

Freshmen Matt Emert makes a tackle on a Marionville player.

Austin Newman, Editor of Newspaper / Page Editor: Sports

The Fair Grove High School JV Football team was able to end their season strong, getting a win vs. Ash Grove, 13-2. on Monday, October 13th.  This closed out a season that saw the Eagles end with a record of 6-2, with losses coming against Marionville (7-16), and Strafford (18-31). The JV team was able to pick up a good amount of wins though, beating Ash Grove as previously stated (13-2), Stockton (6-0), Springfield Catholic (24-8), Pleasant Hope (36-12), Skyline (40-24), and Buffalo (12-6). The Eagles had gotten off to a 4-0 start to their season, before finishing 2-2 in their final four games.“We accomplished a lot as a team. I think we came even closer as teammates and got the new offense down pretty good and just overall had a good season,” adds Freshmen Quarterback Jayden Kensinger. The Eagles also ended with a home record of 3-1.

“Despite some late adversity, we finished the year on a strong note. We had a winning record of 6-2,” states Head JV Football Coach Jeremy Faubion. “I look forward to continue working with players who are brought into our program, and to turn Monday night success into Friday night success.” Faubion is also the Linebacker and Receiving coach for the Varsity team.

“As far as accomplishing any goals this season, I say, we improved on both sides of the ball,” adds Faubion. “A goal for myself was just to keep my teammates going through games and put the offense in a good position to score. Our goal as a team was just to play hard and have a good season that we can be proud of,” states Kensinger. The JV team will be looking to pick it back up in the off-season and strive for further success in the program next year.