Fair Grove Stirs Up a New Business

Austin Newman

The new shop hopes to bring a list of new choices to students for breakfast and so on.

Jorden Stacey, Asst. Middle School

Fair Grove high school is adding a new lounge/study area for students. The Nest is a coffee/spirit store. It will be open before school until the tardy bell and after school until 4:30.

Mrs. Johnson says, “I wanted a place where students could come in and study before and after school.” The Nest is a student ran shop that is sponsored by the NHS leader, Mrs. Amy Johnson.  NHS members will run the shop when it first opens. The shop can be “rented” out for other clubs to work it and 100% of the profit will go to that specific club. Johnson says that she thinks this will be a good way for clubs to earn money because it will be a consistent money maker since she knows that what she has will sell to students and also to teachers. Johnson adds it won’t be short lived.

Mikah Garoutte says that she is most excited to hang out and study with her friends, and the coffee with the refillable mug.

The week of December 15-19, a test run will occur. If the test run goes well, The Nest will officially open January 5, 2015. The coffee shop side will include drinks such as hot chocolate, coffee, and tea. Also, some snacks such as muffins, fruit, and granola bars. Wigs, pencils, beads, foam fingers and spray paint will also be sold. Also, around certain holidays, specialty drinks will be sold.

Clubs other than NHS have a part in making the new shop work successfully. The shop class has worked on putting together a counter to use. The marketing class has had a big part in promoting The Nest. The marketing class has made special deals like coupons and punch cards, a short clip for the weekly video, floor decal and a news release was sent out to the local News stations. They painted the sign that hangs above the door when you walk into the store. The Nest started out as an idea and the students came together to make it a reality.