Fair Grove and Strafford Student Councils Work Together to Raise Money for Springfield Officer

Fair+Grove+and+Stafford+Student+Councils+hoist+the+check+in+which+they+raised+for+Officer+Pearson.+

Photo contributed by Ms. Shelley Findley

Fair Grove and Stafford Student Councils hoist the check in which they raised for Officer Pearson.

Austin Newman, Editor of Newspaper / Page Editor: Sports

It wasn’t just about the rivalry during the Fair Grove vs. Strafford boys and girls basketball games, as Fair Grove and Strafford Student Councils got together to raise money for wounded officer Aaron Pearson. Pearson, an officer for the Springfield Police Department, suffered a career ending injury while on call.

Fair Grove and Strafford Student Council members passed a donation bucket at both games: Strafford’s home girls’ game on Thursday and FG’s home boys’ game on Saturday.  The Students raised a total of $1,400 between community members and students, with both student councils also donating a portion of the proceeds from the Fair Grove-Strafford T-Shirt Throwdown.

Fair Grove Student Council Sponsor Shelley Findley says, “It is always nice to see two rival communities come together for any cause, but it was wonderful to recognize that so many people in both Fair Grove and Strafford communities felt personally touched by Officer Pearson’s difficult situation and were eager to help his family through this difficult time.  I can’t believe that we raised so much money in two nights!”

Numerous other fundraisers throughout Springfield and Missouri have been conducted to help Pearson and his family, all with the main goal of assisting the Pearson family through a difficult time.