Students and Teachers Excited for Summer Activities

Kayla Bearden, Facebook Manager

Summer is near and that means lots of sunshine and green grass. Many students and teachers have big plans this summer. “I plan on buying a big hammock for my backyard so I can lay out and tan as well as read multiple books,” stated Mrs. Brown, the high school art teacher. She also mentioned that she plans to watch multiple TV shows and all their seasons on netflix.

For some people, mostly high school seniors, summer is a season of transition. All students are released from school and ready to enjoy the nice weather and prepare for the next season of their life. Senior Abbi Thompson stated, “Me and my mother will be moving to Mississippi in the first week of June. I will be starting school at the University of Southern Mississippi in the fall and just see how the future plays out.”

Senior Emma Buckman stated, “This summer I’m going to take a road trip to Montana with my family and we are planning on going fly fishing and I am going to distance myself from all electronics and people.” She also mentioned, “We will be staying in my uncle’s cabin in Montana but, my family and I may take a trip to Glacier Park and hop over the border to Canada.”

Mr. Van Cleave, a Fair Grove high school math teacher, discussed how he and his family are planning on taking frequent trips to the lake since they recently purchased a new boat. He also added how he is planning on riding his harley as much as possible. For seniors, the last day of school was May 13th, and the last day for all other students will be May 22nd.