Tonight Belongs To the Sea : 2015 Prom

Jordan Robertson

Morgan McCart, Austin Squires, Mitchell Hackett, and Nicole Klug dance at prom

Kayla Bearden, Facebook Manager

The Fair Grove junior/senior Prom was held at the Executive Conference Center in Springfield on April 11th, 2015 at 7. The theme for the night was “Under the Sea.” Before Prom, most students took their pictures and went out to eat around town with their dates and groups of friends. For the event, the Prom Committee was in charge of putting together decorations and overall planning.
“For Prom Committee, we met weekly to decide the theme and then everything that would go into Prom. We had to figure out decorations that we would use to set up and what gifts we would give away,” stated senior Nicole Klug. “After we had it all figured out, on the Friday before Prom, we set up all the decorations and got everything ready for Saturday. It was a lot of fun to go through the planning process to make the night a night to remember,” Nicole also mentioned.
Junior Ciera Lenox stated, “There were a lot of steps in getting ready for prom but they were all completely worth it because I had a ton of fun. It was my first Prom, and I am so happy I got to share the memories with my best friends.” Nicole Klug mentioned, “Before Prom we went and took pictures at the mill and then we went and ate dinner at Nakatos.” Nicole also added that once she got to Prom she danced a lot, took lots of wonderful pictures, and made countless unforgettable memories.
Before the week of Prom, SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions), hosted Prom Week, each day a different theme to promote a safe and sober Prom. Monday, all the students received a pledge card to not drink and drive on Prom night, and each student that signed it, received a free one topping Andy’s Frozen Custard. Tuesday, the student body was to wear blue. Wednesday was Buckle Your Seatbelt day with SADD students standing in the parking lot handing out candy to the people who were buckled. Thursday was Don’t Do Seaweed on Prom day, and the students wore swimwear. Last but not least, Friday was grim reaper day, where people volunteered to paint their face to look like a corpse and act “dead” the rest of the day. This was to symbolize how many people die every day from drunk driving. They weren’t allowed to talk, demonstrating how important it is to be safe, and to stay out of the jaws of life on Prom night.