1st Graders Rock the 50’s In Choir Performance

Sara George

1st Graders performing in their 50’s attire

Haileigh Houston, Asst. Social Media

Thursday, April 2nd, the first grade students put on an annual musical performance for all in attendance. Led by Heather Lumley the elementary music teacher.”Our program is a 50’s theme. It is always a crowd pleaser. People seem to enjoy going back in time to this era.” The fun theme included songs such as “Lollipop,” “At the Hop,” “Hound Dog,” “The Twist,” and many more.
Each grade level in the elementary will do a similar program sometime in the year. Each one varies in content but they are always very enjoyable. While singing was the main focus, the kids also displayed a variety of dances related to the song. “This is our 3rd year to perform a 50’s program. It has been such a hit that we’ve continued to perform this type of program. We change a few things about it each year to keep it fun and fresh.” Not only did the kids sing and dance they also gave the audience a little history about each song. Fair Grove High School student Sara George states “I enjoyed how excited and enthusiastic the kids were to sing.” The crowd was ecstatic as well.
Mrs. Everett stated “My favorite part was seeing all the kids dressed up in their 50’s style clothes.” The theme was so catchy the parents couldn’t help but participate in the night as well. Mrs. Everett claimed, “The parents do a great job with dressing their child to match the theme of the program.” Both the students and music teachers worked very hard to put the production together and it ended in success. Mrs. Everett exclaimed, “You can tell the students are proud of themselves for making each performance a success, you will always leave with a smile.”