Football Having Great 2015 Season, Faces Districts 10/23

Britney Lawless

Fair Grove gets ready to take down the offense.

Parker Van Nostrand, Reporter

The Fair Grove high school football team has been doing exceptionally well this season, with a record of 6-3 and an upcoming game against Willow Springs. It’s no question that Strafford was the biggest win of the sesason in the Fair Grove fans’ eyes, but Coach Voorhis stated, “We play in an extremely tough conference this year and each team is going to be tough. Skyline and Marionville have the most returning starters off of successful teams last year and Strafford still have a lot of really good football players.”

Regarding the teams preparation and goals, Voorhis stated, “The football team has been working hard to do better as a team, do well in the classroom, and of course, win the district championship.” Coach Voorhis has been and will continue to work hard because of the goals he has set for the team.

The team this year has a better bond than the team has had in any past years and that’s why I think we (the football team) are doing so well,” said junior quarterback Brayden Lumley. Coach Voorhis agreed, stating, “The kids have really bought into the process of building something that will last. They have focused on doing the little things correctly and on becoming the best people they can be. It has been a lot of fun to be around a group of young men like them this year.”

The team’s current record stands at 6-3, with wins over Buffalo, Pleasant Hope, Catholic, Stockton, and Strafford. They are scheduled to next play at home on 10/23 against Willow Springs in the first round of districts.