Volleyball Ending 2015 Season

PHOTO BY KYLE CAVANAUGH

Alana Findley and Makenna Hill jump to block the ball to score a point in home district tournament game.

Dylan Bates, Sports Page Editor

The Fair Grove volleyball team closes out this year’s season with a great match against their rival, the Strafford Indians. Unfortunately in the third set of the district championship game the girls lost to the Indians, finishing their season.

One of the team’s goals at the beginning of the season was to make it to the Final 4 Championship. Even though the girls didn’t accomplish that goal they still had a very good season, winning the Ash Grove and Stockton tournaments while the JV won the Fair Grove JV tournament. “One of our goals this year is to beat Strafford,” added Coach Tonya Peck. Which was a goal that the girls accomplished twice this season, once on the road at Strafford, and another time in the Stockton tournament. Coach Peck also mentioned one last goal, “The girls would really be happy if we improved on last year’s record which was 25-7-2.” The Eagles closed out the season with a 30-4 final record.

The Fair Grove Volleyball team lost quite a few seniors this year also. One of which being Jorden Stacey who felt that the team had a solid season. “We beat a lot of Class 3 and 4 schools like Rogersville,” added Stacey. Jorden was also proud of her teammates for stepping up whenever they needed to and doing their job on the court. Jorden will return to the court next year as a Lady Crusader for Evangel. Another senior moving on to play in college is Haley Stallings who will be playing for College of the Ozarks. “They are a great group of seniors and I am going to miss having all of them on the court next year,” added Coach Peck.

Some returning stars for next year’s team will consist of junior Victoria Fishback, junior Leah Wahlquist, and freshman Alana Findley who all had great seasons this year. Even though the season didn’t quite turn out how the Eagles wanted it to, they still accomplished many goals and had an improved final record.