There’s No Place Like Courtwarming

Brystol Bates, Reporter

Fair Grove students followed the Yellow Brick Road to courtwarming this year! this year’s dance was themed after The Wizard of Oz After a weather delay courtwarming was held on Thursday, January 14th. Amanda Orr (Sophomore) was especially excited about the theme as she said she loves The Wizard of Oz! Many students, freshman through seniors, were also excited for this year’s dance, including Sidney Hill (Freshman) who said “I was excited for courtwarming because it was a fun experience as a freshman!”

Hunter Maxwell (Sophomore) couldn’t wait to have a good time and dance with everyone! Courtwarming was held in the lower elementary gym from 8-11pm. The dance was a formal so everyone was sure to wear their ruby red slippers! Student Council made many preparations in the months before, Haley Stallings (Senior) said “StuCo picks the theme for courtwarming in the summer then spends the year preparing the lay out; the month before the dance StuCo has various work days to build everything they need for the dance.”

The courtwarming basketball game was held on Friday, January 8th, it started at 6:00pm. Fair Grove hosted Stockton with the Varsity game following the Junior Varsity; Fair Grove Varsity won 80-50. The Courtwarming Queen winner was announced at halftime during the Varsity game, the winner was Kirsten Carver. Queen candidates were Carver (Senior), Seiler Johnson (Senior) and Shelby Wallace (Senior). Courtwarming princesses were Victoria Fishback (Junior), Bailey Chandler (Sophomore), and Alana Findley (Freshman).
Spirit week was the week before on January 5th-9th.

Emerald City Tuesday’s (Jan. 5th) theme was “Wear green or dress as your favorite Wizard of Oz character.” Wicked Wednesday (Jan. 6th) was “Dress like a witch or a flying monkey.” There’s No Place Like Home Thursday (Jan. 7th) was “Dress like a country folk.” Fair Grove Friday (Jan. 8th) was “Go crazy with purple and Fair Grove Eagle gear!”
Everyone was encouraged to participate in spirit week and come to courtwarming on Thursday. Haley Stallings (Senior) said, “Everyone should have come to the dance because it was a very memorable part of high school!”