Where Are They Now: Cobban Continues Ag Training Abroad

Jessica+Cobban+stands+in+front+of+one+of+Tiawans+main+agricultural+buildings.+

PHOTO CONTRIBUTED BY JESSICA COBBAN

Jessica Cobban stands in front of one of Tiawan’s main agricultural buildings.

Macy Lumley, Social Media Manager

Jessica Cobban, one of Fair Grove’s previous Valedictorians who graduated in 2015, now attends Missouri State University, and is involved in their Agriculture program. While attending Fair Grove, Cobban was avid in the agriculture program, and received many awards. After receiving an undergraduate degree work Cobban plans to go into a dual major in Athletic Training and Agriculture Business.

When Cobban attended Fair Grove, she was involved in many extracurricular activities, including National Honors Society and the Greene County 4-H program, but her most important one being FFA (Future Farmers of America). Matt Crutcher, one of Fair Grove’s agriculture teachers and leaders of FFA, shared, “Jessica served as the Chapter President, Secretary, and Historian. She was willing to put in the extra effort to achieve success.” Cobban qualified for state in six contest areas while in high school and finished 4th in agribusiness, 4th in agronomy, 2nd in dairy cattle, and 1st in grasslands. Her team also placed 1st and she claimed 1st individual at the National Grasslands Contest. On top of all the classes and studying, Cobban is committed to many extracurricular activities while attending college, like the ones that she was in during her high school career. Some of the programs that she is in are collegiate 4-H, Athletic Training Students Association, Pre-Physician Assistance Association, and Health Professional Scholars.

Since graduating from Fair Grove in 2015, Cobban has recently had the privilege to travel to Taiwan, as a representative of Missouri in an agriculture internship program. Cobban spent a week in Taiwan, and observed the way their agriculture worked, and the different aspects of Taiwan’s land. Cobban explained, “We got to go talk to their council of agriculture, see orchid and cucumber greenhouses and several other places.