Choir Teacher Mrs. Harmon Positively Affecting Students

Fair+Groves+Choir+Teacher%2C+Mrs.+Harmon+

PHOTO BY GABRIELLE ROBERTS

Fair Grove’s Choir Teacher, Mrs. Harmon

Jane Elliston, Reporter

Known for being a calm and collective, positive teacher, Mrs. Harmon has been working as the high school choir director at the Fair Grove school district for three years now.

Although she enjoys her job as a teacher very much, Mrs. Harmon says it was not her first choice in employment. “When I first got in college I told myself that I did not want to be a teacher,” says Mrs. Harmon, “but when I had the opportunity to job shadow one of my former teachers I had a lot of fun and I guess something inside of me just clicked.” Soon after her experience she began studies for becoming a teacher. When asked why she chose to teach the subjects of middle school music and high school choir she answered it was because she enjoyed both band and choir but felt more comfortable being in choir. She also said that she enjoys being able to sing every single day of her job, working with her students, and most of all being able to affect them in a positive direction, and it seems that she has been very successful.

“I like Mrs. Harmon because she is a fun and calm teacher that somehow gets things done before you even realize it.” says Taylor Brumage (9).

Sarah Emert (9) stated, “She is a very patient person and I love having a teacher like that. I look up to Mrs. Harmon and it’s all because I would never be able to deal with high school students the calm and collective way that she does. I love you Mrs. Harmon, you’re the best!”

When asked what she likes to do outside of school Mrs. Harmon said, “What? I have a life outside of school? This is news to me!” But in all reality she says that she enjoys to sew, play xbox with her husband, read, and basically anything that involves crafts.

Mrs. Harmon says that in her upcoming years as a choir director she hopes to continue having a successful choir and have good performances, but also wishes to help her students improve musically and do better with each and every concert.