MS Basketball Shooting Into Their 2015-2016 Season

Tanner+Lumley+looking+to+pass+the+ball.+

PHOTO BY ASHLEY ADAMSON

Tanner Lumley looking to pass the ball.

Kaitlyn Spracklen, Reporter

As the Middle School boys’ basketball team heads into their season the boys start out with a record of two wins and eight losses for the Seventh grade, and six wins and four losses for the eighth grade. With the season just starting the boys will have a lot of room for improvement. “We plan to improve our team by practicing every day, and learning the basics of the game”, stated coach Roepkee. The common goal for the Boys’ Middle school basketball team this year is to understand how the game works fully and learn some skills that they can carry into their high school careers.

This season the middle school boys’ basketball team looks forward to playing Strafford, their biggest competitor. “I believe that our team is ready to take on Strafford and we hope to still the win,” states Mr. Roepkee. The team has a few key players to help them achieve this goal, by bringing speed and skill to the boys’ team. On the eighth grade team they have the David and Darin Oplotnik and also Brice Thorten. Following them on the seventh grade team they have Eddie Bowser, Teddy Lumley, and Mich Van Cleave.

Mr. Roepkee believes that this year’s Fair Grove Middle School basketball team is one of the best. He believes that as they get further down the season they will excel greatly in their understanding of the game.” I look forward to this season,” commented Mr. Roepkee.

Those wanting to support the Middle School basketball team can go to the Fair Grove webpage to find upcoming games. “We would love to see people from our community come out to support the boys as they play their games this season,” explained Roepkee.