Fair Grove Holds Annual Homecoming Festivities

Escorts Evan Fullerton (12), and Brayden Lumley (12), kiss 2016 Homecoming Queen Autumn Wilson (12), moments after she was crowned. PHOTO BY AMANDA ORR

Amanda Orr

On Friday, September 23rd, Fair Grove had their annual homecoming. The freshman princess was Madison Battenfield, and she was escorted by senior Christian Hogue and senior Hayden Wingo. The sophomore princess was Sarah Bethurem, and she was escorted by senior Kaleb Ivey and senior Ben Arnott. Bethurem says, “I had no idea I was going to win. This wouldn’t have been possible without all the people who voted for me. Thank you all so much!”      The junior princess was Katelyn Berry, and she was escorted by Daniel Terry and Noah Sandridge.
Victoria Fishback, Autumn Wilson, and Korrie Buckman were Fair Grove’s senior queen candidates. Wilson, who was was crowned the 2016 homecoming Queen, said, “I felt honored that people voted for me. It was exciting to be able to represent the school.” The following day the homecoming candidates were showcased in the parade. Autumn Wilson comments, “The best part of this whole process was being in the Fall Festival parade. It was a blast, and I couldn’t have been more grateful”.
Homecoming night was also when the Fair Grove Eagles played their rival, the Strafford Indians. Both teams played their hardest and battled with each other. In the end the Eagles came out on top with a score of 28 to 22. The team is now 7-0 for the regular season and will play Ash Grove on Friday, October 7th.
After the game the Fair Grove high school students participated in the homecoming dance. The dance was held in the courtyard where there was a DJ, drinks, and snacks. Fair Grove’s Homecoming was definitely one to remember.