Fair Grove Welcomes New Teachers

Mrs.+Holland+teaches+one+of+her+high+school+classes.+PHOTO+BY+BRYSTOL+BATES+

Mrs. Holland teaches one of her high school classes. PHOTO BY BRYSTOL BATES

Brystol Bates

This year the Fair Grove High School staff welcomed three district transfers and two district newcomers into their midst. The three transfers include Amy Holland, Tiffany Hill, and Tara Whetzell. Sandy Gilpin and Daniel Ketcher will start their first year with the Fair Grove School District. All of them will be taking on important roles in the high school. Amy Holland will be the new high school theater teacher, Tiffany Hill will be the new high school cheer coach, and Tara Whetzell will be the new high school softball coach. Sandy Gilpin will be taking over some of the high school art classes and and Daniel Ketcher will be joining as the new high school band assistant.
Tiffany Hill, new high school cheer coach and early childhood special education teacher, says she loves cheerleading and it was her favorite extra-curricular in high school. The best part though? She says it’s the time she gets to spend with the squad. “It’s so exciting to be on the front lines cheering for our school,” she stated. She will be taking over for Stephanie Brown.
Amy Holland transferred back to the high school after a couple of years teaching middle school art; this year she will teach Stagecraft, Introduction to Speech and Theatre, Advanced Theatre, and Film As Literature. She said her favorite part of teaching high school theatre and public speaking classes is watching the creativity of students unfold. She will be taking over for Jamie Deckard.
Tara Whetzell, new high school softball coach, said she loves the district because she feels like she is part of a support system. She is excited for softball though because she wants to continue to build a program. She will be taking over for Stacey Beckley.
Sandy Gilpin will be covering some classes for Stephanie Brown, and Daniel Ketcher will be filling the role of band assistant in the high school. There seem to be no empty spaces left in the faculty, as Fair Grove begins another year with new and familiar faces in the hallways.