FBLA Members Prepare for Success

Garrett Newlin

FBLA Districts is a yearly competition between local members of Future Business Leaders of America. It contains business and technology centered events in categories such as Agriculture, Business Management, Finance, Human Services, and Marketing. FBLA sponsor Sandra Robinson was very happy with this year’s results, “FBLA Districts went very smoothly this year thanks to the dedicated members who worked hard on their projects and practiced their performances.”
This year, 28 students either took a test, performed at the conference, or prepared media ahead of time. Out of the 28 who attended, 18 placed in their events. Notable performances from Fair Grove include a first place award in Global Business, comprised of Maegan Holland, Austin Page, and Kelsey Brunkhorst, as well as first place in Publication Design, created by Carter Crews, Autumn Wilson, and Logan Hill. Fair Grove also received two second-place, two third-place, one fourth-place, and two fifth place awards for the day’s events.
Among the 28 was sophomore Logan Holliman, who competed in the Marketing competition. The event included being given a fictional failing business, and then having to devise a marketing strategy for the business in a way to make it profitable. He thought the day went well, and added, “The team performed really well for our first competition. We only got fifth place, but I’m satisfied with our presentation.” His teammate, Ryan Odom (10), mentioned, “The hardest part about our event was not knowing our scenario ahead of time, and having to come up with a plan in a short time limit.”
Eight groups from Fair Grove have qualified to advance to the state level of competition, which will be held from April 2nd to April 4th. These competitions give students a great insight into the path ahead of them, and an opportunity to decide their future career plans. These students go into FBLA planning to prepare for success.