Fair Grove Singing Eagles Soar Into the Holiday Season

Lyndsey Wall

The Fair Grove Singing Eagles sing during their Thanksgiving Production

Lyndsey Wall

Fair Grove Singing Eagles is a choir club made up of Fair Grove’s 3rd and 4th grade students. They meet every Wednesday at 7:15 am, and practice until the bell rings for class.

Cindy Sparks, the sponsor of Singing Eagles stated, “We have been learning songs for Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.” The Singing Eagles performed at the Veterans Day assembly November 10, they are going to sing at the Senior Citizens Thanksgiving Lunch on November 17, and are singing at the mill for the tree lighting December 2.

The Singing Eagles will sing at assemblies, school concerts, and maybe even baseball games. They perform at concerts with the high school band, as a pre show. The Singing Eagles program is a group designed to give kids the taste of the choir life, to show them what it will be like to join high school choir when they grow up.

They travel to different settings in Springfield. On December 5, the Singing Eagles will perform at Culver’s on North Glenstone at 6:00 and 7:00 pm. On that same day, they will perform at the Senior Citizens lunch at the Methodist Church at 1:00 pm.

The Singing Eagles sing the National Anthem, Holiday themed songs, and some songs are just for fun. They perform at their own concert in December, and in the Spring. They are accompanied by Mrs. Sparks playing piano. At the concerts, it starts with the Singing Eagles performing, then middle school, then the high school choir sings after them. That is typically how every choir/junior choir concert works. They will perform youngest to oldest.

Singing Eagles has been a program for many years and offers a good look into what choir is actually like. The Singing Eagles will perform many more times before the 2017-2018 school year is over.