• September 19We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

• October 8Welcome To The FGHS News Website

Art for Everyone

Ryan Odom

Ryan Odom

Ryan Odom

Fair Grove Art Club is where students come to let their creativity run wild.  Stephanie Brown, the art teacher at Fair Grove, runs the club.  Mrs. Brown says, “Art Club is where students can come and relax while doing fun crafty projects, so you don’t have to necessarily be in art or be good at it to enjoy Art Club.”  The club was designed to be an after school activity for kids who like to draw, paint, and just make art.  Mrs. Brown comments, “My goal is to provide a club that offers fun/unique projects that we would not normally do in the classroom, where students get to work as groups or individually. I want them to have a safe environment where they are able to express themselves while having fun.”  

The Art Club also does activities outside of art too.  Mrs. Brown replies, “We are currently planning for an Art Club field trip to Crystal Bridges in December. We are also having an ugly Christmas sweater decorating party followed by our gift exchange party.”  The field trip was on December 4th.  Along with all of this, they also do public service.  Mrs. Brown noted, “A main goal I’ve incorporated this year is helping the community more. We are collecting coats to donate, as well as, adopting a family to buy Christmas. Last year we did paintings in a local restaurant and the skate park. This year we’ve been asked to repaint the mounds in the park.”  

Art Club is a fun experience, but sometimes it is hard to attend.  Mrs. Brown answered, “Usually club day and then a second day of the month, it just depends, and that’s either a Wednesday or a Thursday.”  Art club is good, but there are ways it could be better.  Mrs. Brown responded, “If I could improve on art club I think it would be the time it is offered, even though I’ve tried to find ways to make this work. It’s offered after school making it hard for our athletes to attend all the meetings, especially if they play two sports. It’s hard offering it during school hours because there’s not a spot for it and projects usually last more than a hour. I’m always thinking on how to fix this.”  Art Club is a place where people can express themselves, whether it be through a pencil or through a brush.