• September 19We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

• October 8Welcome To The FGHS News Website

Middle School FCA Reaches Out

FCA during one of their meetings.

FCA during one of their meetings.

FCA during one of their meetings.

Kayla Hodges

Fair Grove Middle School athletes who are passionate about sports and Christ have joined together in FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes), a brand new student run club designed to influence the public with Christ through athletics. Their missions statement is “To see the world impacted for Jesus Christ through the influence of coaches and athletes,” which greatly sums up FCA’s goals. Middle School FCA meets every Thursday morning from 7:30 am to 7:55 am in coach Lindsey Martin’s classroom. Martin is one of three teacher representatives for Middle School FCA, she is a coach for both the High School and the Middle School here at Fair Grove and she is a Middle School science teacher.

Martin’s goal for FCA is to see students of all kinds participate, “We really want everyone to know that FCA is not just for Christians or athletes, it’s for any one who wants to come,” said Martin. This is the first year FCA has been a club available for Middle School students at Fair Grove, but has already seen some inspiring stuff from the Middle School students. “My favorite thing about this club is witnessing these kids minister to each other,” Martin stated. “It’s kind of awe-inspiring to watch a 13 year old open up and share their experience with Christ to someone else their age,” she added. Middle School FCA, not being even a year old yet, has already started hosting events. On February 15th Middle School FCA hosted a dodgeball tournament and pizza extravaganza, including free admission to the High School girls’ basketball game against Strafford, Fair Grove’s rival school.

Randie Roepke, another FCA representative who has been involved in FCA in the past as a student, said “Since this is the first year of FCA in the MS, Miss Martin, Mrs. Schnakenberg, Mrs. Roepke, and Mr. Coleman and myself are all starting as huddle leaders this year.” Mr. Roepke has loved watching this club build from the ground up with their brand new club, Mr. Roepke said his favorite thing thus far about FCA is “Seeing God use the leaders that we have in 7th and 8th grade to take a stand of faith and show their classmates what an authentic relationship with Jesus looks like.”

Morgan Roepke, an FCA representative who has also been involved with FCA since Middle School, stated, “I would not be a Christian today, or a teacher, if it weren’t for FCA.” Mrs. Roepke commented on the meetings they have every Thursday morning, snacks and games are provided, and they talk about the bible, God, and “how to live according to God’s perfect plan.” Mrs. Roepke has been a teacher representative for FCA since just after first quarter when the club began, she has high hopes for the club and the students. “My favorite part is the opportunity to mentor student leaders in their mission to reach out to their friends who do not know Christ,” said Roepke. Though Fair Grove Middle School has just recently started an FCA club, it is an international organization with huddles meeting in 62 countries.