• September 19We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

• October 8Welcome To The FGHS News Website

Fair Grove Hosts All School Pep Assembly

Nate Brigman

The Fair Grove R-X School District came together on Friday, September 7th, to take part in a pep assembly which encompassed seventh hour in the High School gym. The Fair Grove High School administration and High School Student Council were crucial in the setup of the assembly.

The Fair Grove High School administration is one of the main groups of people that decides what goes into a pep assembly and why one even takes place. High School Assistant Principal Christian Overstreet commented, “The main driving purpose behind pep assemblies is to create stronger school culture and a stronger sense of school pride.” He also added, “Whenever you can get a group together and HAVE FUN, that’s what it’s all about.”

Aside from the administration, the Fair Grove High School Student Council is also in charge of a large portion of the planning and general setup of pep assemblies. Shelley Thornton, sponsor of StuCo, Said, “It took us about two weeks to come up with the activities, plan out time frames, decide the order of events, communicate with coaches and teachers who were participating, ect.” The student council also takes charge with details such as how much of the campus will be involved with an assembly and making a seating chart for the gym, added Mrs. Thornton. There was already an existing template for how the first pep assembly of the year is structured in that it typically introduces the fall sport teams.

The assembly itself consisted of several activities. Fall sports were introduced after a sing-along of the children’s song Baby Shark to kick off the assembly, and then the remainder of the time was devoted to both student and staff participants. Most notable for student involvement were the Minute-to-Win-It games, composed of zany tasks that are required to be completed within a one-minute time frame. However, a wildly energetic portion of the assembly was when the HS administration surprised the majority of the campus by dressing up as The Village People and performing the band’s hit song “Y.M.C.A.” The majority of the students were up on their feet and doing the arm motions from the classic dance accompaniment to the song.

At the time of writing there was not a pep assembly on the calendar yet, but the Student Council is already preparing ideas for another one.