Principal’s Advisory Committee

PAC poses in front of the Flock Talk bulletin board

Olivia Prince

One of the many new characteristics that Fair Grove High School is implementing this year is the Principal’s Advisory Committee, better known to the student body as PAC. “The PAC serves as a liaison between the administration and the students,” said High School Principal Chris Stallings. He says that throughout the year he hopes that the student body will familiarize themselves with the members of PAC and get comfortable with sharing their concerns or hopes for the High School. The members of PAC would then pass that information along to the administration.

The members of PAC include Logan Holliman (12), Brystol Bates (12), Macey Stallings (12), Halli Phifer (11), Elizabeth Holland (11), Cydney Fullerton (12), Ryah Icenhower (12), and Darin Oplotnik (11). Stallings says, “Essentially by default if you were elected to a STUCO cabinet position this also placed you in a position of serving on the PAC. Students from the leadership class are selected based on teacher recommendation and performance in the leadership class. In this particular school year several of our PAC members were involved in both STUCO and the Lead Class.”

Another goal for PAC this year is to keep the energy flowing in the high school. They will come into advisory every month and discuss character traits that they believe should be enforced. Logan Holliman said, “It’s almost like a focus group for character traits.” The leadership class will come up with five questions every month that the students will discuss in advisory to get us thinking about how to start using those character traits. The PAC members thought that the first conversation went well and the students were involved in the discussion.

Macey Stallings (12) says, “I think that this will really get everyone comfortable with each other and it will make them feel like they’re in a safe environment at school.”