• September 19We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

• October 8Welcome To The FGHS News Website

Taking Care of Business

Lillian Crum

School along with sports is difficult to manage during the year. Having to get your homework turned in on time, and staying late after school for practice, it can make getting your education tough. Brody Daniels, a senior playing for the Fair Grove football team seems to have the hang of balancing his schedule. He stated, “My sport comes second to school, so I focus on homework before football.” Being able to have your homework done before your sport is helpful, because you can put your most into the game without stressing about homework.

The grueling issue in most people’s schedule is staying up late to finish homework and getting up early for practice or school activities. “The hardest part is finding the time for what doesn’t get done in class, and keeping my grades up so I can play,” said sophomore, Morgan Kern, a player for the high school softball team.

“My favorite part is probably playing with my teammates and messing around with them during and after games or practice. My least favorite part is not getting to spend as much time with my friends and not getting very much free time,” noted Eli Edwards, a sophomore soccer player.  The most loathing part of having a sport career along with school is not having as much freedom nor free time. Also, some have made the choice not to play a sport during the school year to focus on their school work.

Morgan Kern adds, “I think that the teachers try not to give us as much homework, and try to help us beforehand, but they still continue on with their planned lessons no matter what.” Teachers still try to help us with our education and trying to stress how important school is rather than focusing on a sport.

If it’s trying to balance your schedule, staying up late to finish homework, or work on your school work traveling to a game, it’s burdensome. It can put a lot of stress on your shoulders and be difficult to manage, but in the end, it’s fun either way.