Kicking off Jolt with 5th Quarter

Students enjoy playing Big Ball of Death

Michael Steineke

Jolt hosted an event after the Strafford football game on September 28th. This event consisted of eating pizza, playing a game and having a guest speaker. This event was open to all high schoolers and costed nothing to enter. Jolt is paired up with FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes)  and their goal is to help spread the word of God with students and others.  

The event started with the students getting together and talking while they ate pizza and drank soda. Around fifty five students showed up during this time. They continued the night with a game called “Big Ball of Death.” In the game there are two teams that stand across from each other in the gym until kids are called out by different things like age, height and clothing. They then try to push a giant ball to the opposite wall they’re scoring on while the rest of their team helps keep it in bounds. They played for about forty five minutes before finishing.

To finish the night they had guest speaker Brendan Carroll, cross country coach and history teacher at Fair Grove High School. Leading up to the speech Jon Foster had repeatedly called him the “running man.” Brendan talked a lot about how being a Christian was like running a race. He said, “It can be hard sometimes but you just need to keep working at it till the end.” He encouraged those that were believers in God to keep going and those that weren’t to try to find a way also.

Kamron Stacey (12) felt that even though everyone was competing with each other the main goal was to reach Jesus. If you would like to become part of these groups you can join them at no cost.  They meet every Thursday morning in the high school library.