• September 19We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

• October 8Welcome To The FGHS News Website

Homecoming Lit Up the Night

Back to Article
Back to Article

Homecoming Lit Up the Night

Homecoming Queen Kalyn Wheat and her escorts, Seniors Elijah Young and Cayden Stacey, wait to be announced.

Lyndsey Wall

The Fair Grove High School hosted their annual homecoming game on Friday, October 12. Students elected girls from their grade to represent their class during halftime of the football game. They are escorted by two football players across the field. Freshman princess Audrey Williams stated, “I was really excited to get dressed up and represent my class.” Audrey was escorted by Seniors Rhett Hill, and Riley Deel. Sophomore princess Bailey Richardson was escorted by Seniors Kord Eagleburger and Hayden Haumann. Junior princess Elizabeth Holland was escorted by Seniors Matthew Guynn and Garrett Love. Three Senior queen candidates were chosen to represent their class. Kalyn Wheat won overall queen and was escorted by Seniors Elijah Young and Cayden Stacye. Macey Stallings, Senior queen candidate was escorted by Seniors Cody Gunder and Kolten Coddington. Tausha Todd was also a Senior queen candidate who was escorted by Seniors Joshua Thompson and Brandon Thaller.

Homecoming queen Kalyn Wheat stated, “I feel very honored that I was chosen to represent the student body.” She then added, “I love seeing all of the other candidates dressed up, and I love dancing at the homecoming dance after the football game.”

The Homecoming dance was held right after the football game. The theme was neon, so students wore bright colors or white to the dance, glow sticks were handed out at the entrance of the dance to add an extra glow to kids. The dance was originally planned to be held in the courtyard outside, but due to cold weather and rain, the dance was moved into the middle hallway. Senior Sidney Hill stated, “I liked having the dance in the hallway, it made everyone get involved, few people stood around, it was really fun to see everyone participating.”

Kalyn Wheat said, “I loved the dance, it was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed walking on homecoming court for my last year in high school, I feel very honored that I was voted to be homecoming queen.”