Foster Leaving For Strafford

Foster poses in front of his door decorated for Teacher of the Month. FTA is reconsidering the award.

Olivia Prince

(Editor’s Note: This article was posted on April 1st as an April Fools joke. Since it is still being shared post-April 1st, we want to make sure that everyone knows this was a joke.)

After 20 years, science teacher Jon Foster has decided to leave Fair Grove to go teach at Strafford High School. Foster currently teaches biology, chemistry, and physics. “I just decided that it was my time to switch it up,” said Foster. He said that he has been debating this change for years.

Strafford has offered him many things to make the switch. They have offered him the opportunity to take over all of the science classes offered at Strafford, including biology, chemistry, physics, life science and animal biology. They have also offered him to become the assistant basketball coach, the Chaplin of the football team, and to take over the Strafford High JOLT group.

“It’s not the fact that they have more to offer, I just feel like this is a better choice for me continuing,” Foster stated. He also says that the drive to Strafford is shorter and he is more acquainted with the staff there.

One student from Fair Grove said, “I understand that he is getting more options from moving to Strafford, but I am still hoping that he will change his mind and stay.”

Foster is appreciated by many students at Fair Grove. He has won many awards, including the Golden Apple Award, from a local news station. The Golden Apple award is awarded by nomination from students. He has also been nominated by students to speak at Fair Grove graduation over 5 times in the past 20 years.

On the other hand, Strafford is very excited about Foster making the switch. One Strafford student exclaimed, “We can’t wait to have one of the best science teachers in the state of Missouri teaching at our school!”

Other schools have also shown interest in having Foster teach for them, including Marshfield, Parkview, and even Missouri State University. Foster has still decided that Strafford has the most benefits for him and his family. Foster added “I will definitely miss everything about Fair Grove, but I am looking forward to what is coming next.”