High School FACS Program Offering Daycare Ran By ISS Students

Hopefully both the ISS  and Daycare students will learn how to behave. 

http://www.pointsoflight.org/blog/growing-community-garden-initiative-teen-tackles-hunger-and-obesity-missouri

Hopefully both the ISS and Daycare students will learn how to behave. http://www.pointsoflight.org/blog/growing-community-garden-initiative-teen-tackles-hunger-and-obesity-missouri

Georgia Whalley

(Editor’s Note: This article was posted on April 1st as an April Fools joke. Since it is still being shared post-April 1st, we want to make sure that everyone knows this was a joke.)

Fair Grove High School’s FACS (Family and Consumer Sciences) program is going to start offering an in school daycare next school year, run by students in ISS. It will be held in the High School courtyard, Monday through Friday from 8am until 3pm. This will give students who have an in school suspension (ISS), something to do with their time.

This daycare program will be available to everyone in the community and cost $20 daily per child. Program Sponsor, Jessica Allan, explained, “The money will go towards buying new uniforms for our school’s sports teams.”

The money will go towards buying new uniforms for the football, basketball, and baseball programs. Allan continued, “With the help of this and the boosters, we should, hopefully, be able to branch out to other sports as well.”

Teachers with young children will be able to have their children in this program for $10 instead of the $20 for other parents. Teachers with children sometimes find it to be a struggle to find somewhere for their children while they are teaching at school, this program will help our schools teachers as well as the communities parents.

Studies show being around children can be beneficial for students who regularly find themselves in trouble. It can raise grades, attendance and standardized testing scores. High School English teacher, Joseph Florez, said, “I’ve seen students struggle with their grades and I think that this may be able to raise grades by giving them a sense of responsibility.”

With quite a few students being in ISS because of tardies, this program will help them with things like organisation, tardiness, and work ethic. Giving these students more responsibility can improve their overall mindset and make them less likely to get into trouble. Allan added, “We need to get our students ready for the real world, and I think this program will help us with that goal.”