• April 1View our April Fool's Day Articles!

• April 1Welcome To The FGHS News Website

• September 19We will be posting new articles weekly all school year!

New Mascot: Fair Grove Fightin’ Frogs

This is just one of the many mascot designs that has been sent in, if you have  a design feel free to email it to the school.

This is just one of the many mascot designs that has been sent in, if you have a design feel free to email it to the school.

Kayla Hodges

(Editor’s Note: This article was posted on April 1st as an April Fools joke. Since it is still being shared post-April 1st, we want to make sure that everyone knows this was a joke.)

For years the Fair Grove Eagles have taken pride in their school and mascot, but with the many changes coming to Fair Grove in the 2019-2020 school year a new mascot is impending as well; the Fair Grove Fightin’ Frogs. The eagle is a majestic bird and the national animal for the United States but with the rising crime rates in not only the U.S. but in Missouri as well the Fair Grove Schools administration worries that a bird of prey may be too violent for the developing minds of the students.

Mike Bell, Fair Grove Schools superintendent of 4 years, said, “During their years in school children’s minds are still developing, they are still incredibly susceptible to the ideas we, the administration and teachers, plant in their heads. Which is why we are making progressive steps to prevent violence and cruelty at Fair Grove.”

The frog, not only “adorable,” but nearly harmless, was the “perfect candidate” for Fair Grove’s new mascot. Though the mascot will be changing the school colors will remain purple and white, official pictures of the new mascot are to be released in May of 2019.

Starting in the summer of 2019 all sports teams are to get new uniforms representing our new mascot, the money for these uniforms will come from fundraising and from cutting the budget for the band and art programs. Band and art will now be allotted 20% of their initial budget and the remaining money will go to the athletics program. “The board of education has been extremely helpful and supportive during this crucial change,” Bell stated.

Though the change will be difficult at first due to repainting over all of the eagles, ordering new signs, and redecorating all of the classrooms, the administration has been enthusiastic and incredibly optimistic about the change. “We are excited to become the Fighting Frogs, I believe that once the initial shock passes the students will be thrilled by the change as well,” said the Fair Grove High School principal Chris Stallings, “Frogs are small and unique creatures, much like our small town, and are perfect for representing our small town values,” he added.

4 Comments

4 Responses to “New Mascot: Fair Grove Fightin’ Frogs”

1. susan frame on April 1st, 2019 3:38 pm

I am opposed to the change…I have suffered from frog induced warts and I think that any mascot which induces warts will lead to the inevitable comparison to witches which would violate the injunction against religion in schools. Let us keep our eagles. In addition. With a reduced budget, the band will be hard pressed to compose a new Fight song…let us not sink into the swamp.

2. Savannah harper on April 1st, 2019 4:44 pm

uhm no. me as a student is for one not excited to become Fair grove fighting frogs. Eagles are amazing creatures, I feel like this is dramatic. Thanks.

3. Kelli cantrell on April 2nd, 2019 12:34 am

Is this a joke??

4. Glenn Pierce on April 2nd, 2019 12:04 pm

Changing your mascot on April Fool’s Day … ? What a unique concept! … http://bit.do/AprilFoolMascots

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• New Mascot: Fair Grove Fightin’ Frogs

Middle School

Catching up on Middle School Sports

• New Mascot: Fair Grove Fightin’ Frogs

Arts

Fair Grove Theatre Presents Seuss

• New Mascot: Fair Grove Fightin’ Frogs

Baseball

Spring Sports Update: 4/12

• New Mascot: Fair Grove Fightin’ Frogs

Feature

Fair Grove High School Hosts MLC Science Bowl

• New Mascot: Fair Grove Fightin’ Frogs

Baseball

Spring Sports Kickoff

• New Mascot: Fair Grove Fightin’ Frogs

Baseball

Fair Grove Athletes Move on to College

• New Mascot: Fair Grove Fightin’ Frogs

Column

My Little Brother is Cooler Than Me

• New Mascot: Fair Grove Fightin’ Frogs

Arts

FGHS Speech Team Takes a Bow

• New Mascot: Fair Grove Fightin’ Frogs

Girls Soccer

Girls Spring Soccer Kicks Back Up

• New Mascot: Fair Grove Fightin’ Frogs

Baseball

Fair Grove Boys Baseball Pre-Season Paves the Way

New Mascot: Fair Grove Fightin’ Frogs